What Are the Most Common Causes of Houston Car Accidents?
In 2010, there were 1.29 reported traffic fatalities for every 100,000,000 vehicle miles driven. With the number of cars, trucks and other motor vehicles traveling through the state of Texas on a daily basis, it is surprising there aren’t more accidents resulting in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. In order to avoid such accidents, it is important to make yourself aware of the most common causes of car accidents in and around Texas.
Car accidents often happen in the blink of an eye; however, they don’t happen out of the blue. Whether through negligence, neglect or outright disregard for others, something or someone caused the car accident to occur. The most common causes of car accidents are:
- Speeding: Speeding remains one of the top causes of car accidents. Despite speed limits, drivers continue to drive over the speed limit, thus putting themselves and others at risk.
- Poor weather: Weather is not something we have a lot of control over. An incompetent or inexperienced driver is highly capable of causing an accident in poor weather conditions.
- Bad road conditions: Without adequate maintenance and repairs, roads can deteriorate to the point where they become hazardous to all who travel them. Bad road conditions put drivers and their passengers at risk.
- Drunk driving: Not only is drunk driving illegal, getting behind the wheel of a vehicle while intoxicated also puts your life and the lives of those around you in serious danger.
- Fatigued drivers: Being tired while driving is unacceptable. Drivers who drive with lack of sleep or while severely fatigued are knowingly putting others in danger. It is much safer and more responsible to pull over and get some rest.
- Distracted drivers: There are many things which can distract someone while they are driving. Some of the most common are texting while driving, talking on a cell phone, eating, putting on make-up, reading, changing radio stations and reaching for something. Anything which takes your attention off the road is a distraction and can cause you to get into an accident.
If you were seriously injured in a car accident in the Houston area due to no fault of your own, we advise you to consult with a personal injury attorney at our firm right away. We understand how traumatic and emotional it can be after a car accident. We also understand there is a lot to do immediately after an accident. That’s why we are here to help. Before you speak with insurance agents or others looking to settle as rapidly as possible, contact our firm so that we can advise you of your legal rights and assist you with representation and protection you need.
Houston Texas Car Wreck Lawyers Can Help
Our auto accident attorneys understand how insurance companies work. We know they do not have your best interests at heart. We do. Our firm believes in giving every client the personal attention they deserve. We do not see court cases; we see individuals. Each individual has unique circumstances and needs. We are here to help you through this difficult time. We can provide you with the effective and aggressive representation you deserve to help you move forward.
Our car wreck lawyers are highly skilled negotiators and experienced trial attorneys, all dedicated to advocating for you and your case.