How Do Our Lawyers Approach Defective Products Cases?
Our legal team at The Sloan Firm has more than 150 years of combined legal experience, including a deep background in product liability litigation.
- We know the challenges that defective products cases present.
- We know how to use our skill and resources to overcome those challenges for our clients.
For instance, a key issue in many product liability cases is whether the product’s specific defect caused a consumer’s injuries or death. Our firm tackles this issue by conducting thorough investigations. We work tirelessly to unearth every bit of information we can find about the product.
When we take on your case, we will:
- Gather and analyze evidence about how the company developed the product such as pre-market test results, internal company memos and information that the company filed with state or federal agencies.
- Look at how the company communicated with consumers about the product though warning labels, instructions and advertising.
- Study how the company reacted to complaints about a product defect? Did the company make changes to the product, add a warning to its label or issue a recall?
The Sloan Firm also will focus on your experience:
- We will interview witnesses who saw you use the product and observed the harm that you suffered.
- We will examine your medical records, which document your injuries.
- Above all, we will listen to you. We will get to know the person behind the injury and how that person’s life has changed due to a defective product.
We also consult with experts. They can help us to understand the nature of the product defect in your case, including how the company could have made the product safer. Experts can also help us to determine the type of medical care you will need and how your injuries impact your financial security.
At The Sloan Firm, we believe that our comprehensive investigation of product liability cases makes a difference for our clients. It is important to begin that investigation as early as possible. So, don’t wait to get in touch with us.