A question that usually arises after a truck accident is, “How much does a truck accident lawyer cost?”
The amount depends on factors like the extent of damages you’ve suffered and the settlement that your attorney can secure on your behalf.
Fortunately, at Sloan Firm, we work on a contingency fee basis. In fact, we won’t charge you for any legal service unless we get you the best truck accident settlement possible.
Contact us today
for a FREE consultation. You can also find more valuable info below.
Understanding Contingency Fee Basis
When you hire a truck accident lawyer at the Sloan firm, you can rest assured that they work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won't have to pay any attorney's fees unless we successfully obtain a financial recovery for you. In the event that you don't receive a settlement or compensation, we will not charge you any fees for our services.
Overall, this arrangement keeps us motivated to work diligently on your case and maximize your financial recovery. While there may still be additional costs, like court fees or expert witness fees, we promise to be transparent about these expenses.
The Importance of Legal Representation in Truck Accident Cases
Truck accident cases can be complex and involve multiple parties. In other words, your case may not only be against the individual truck driver but also the corporation employing them.
Dealing with an insurance carrier can be challenging. However, an experienced attorney from our firm knows how to protect and preserve crucial evidence that may support your claim. They can help you gain access to information such as data from the truck's computers, results of driver drug and alcohol tests, dashcam footage, and more.
How are Attorney's Fees Calculated?
Contingency fee law firms generally follow these steps:
- They provide the necessary resources and investment to build your claim and pursue a fair settlement.
- They help determine the potential value of your case and demand a settlement based on this estimation.
- They will negotiate with the insurance company representing the truck driver and the trucking company to reach a favorable settlement.
- Once the settlement check is received, contingency law firms will deduct the agreed-upon percentage as attorney's fees. This usually happens before disbursing the remaining amount to you.
Before beginning the legal process, we encourage you to ask us any questions that you may have.
Seeking Compensation and Holding Responsible Parties Accountable
If you’ve sustained injuries in a truck accident, it’s possible to hold the at-fault truck driver and their employer accountable according to CC Art. 2320
. By getting help from our firm's truck accident lawyer, you can build a strong case, document all your damages, and file your claims promptly. This allows you to focus on your recovery and other important tasks, knowing that your legal rights are protected.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be eligible to seek compensation for various damages, including:
- Medical Care Costs: Reimbursement for the expenses related to your medical treatment, including hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and ongoing therapy.
- Lost Income: Compensation for the wages or salary you have lost due to your inability to work during your recovery period. This includes both current and future income that you would have earned if not for the accident.
- Property Damages: Reimbursement for the repair or replacement of your vehicle or any other property damaged in the truck collision.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish caused by the accident and its aftermath.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In cases involving the loss of a loved one, certain compensation may be available. This can include funeral expenses, loss of financial support, loss of companionship, and more.
Acting Swiftly: Statute of Limitations
If you’re considering hiring a truck accident lawyer
to assist with your claim, it’s crucial to act promptly. Under CC Art. 3492, most victims have 1 year to file a civil suit against the negligent driver and their employer.
Failing to meet this deadline can result in the forfeiture of your right to seek compensation. Therefore, it is essential not to delay and consult with an attorney as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
Contact Our Team at Today
At our law firm, our experienced truck accident team is dedicated to helping individuals seek the compensation they deserve. We understand the complexities of truck accident cases and are well-versed in the applicable laws and regulations.
Take the first step towards obtaining the compensation you deserve by scheduling your free evaluation with our team today. Contact us today and let us guide you through the legal process while you focus on your recovery and well-being.
Remember, time is of the essence, so don't delay in seeking legal assistance.