If you have been injured in a car wreck in Longview or elsewhere in East Texas, you need help from an auto accident lawyer with experience who will understand what you’ve been through and fight for your rights and interests.
At the Sloan Firm, what matters to you matters to us. We take pride in not just being a law “farm,” but in providing personalized, client-centered representation.
Our attorneys are prepared to tackle even the toughest situations. We have the legal skills you need in your case, whether it’s straightforward or complex.
When you consult with a personal injury lawyer at the Sloan Firm, we will take the time to review your case thoroughly, analyze the accident and police reports, speak with insurance companies, interview eyewitnesses and help you determine how best to proceed. Our interest is in you and your recovery.
Hurt in a Car Crash? Here’s How We Can Help
If you have been in a crash that was someone else’s fault, we are here to help. After a wreck, you may feel unsure about the future. How will you pay your medical bills? When can you go back to work? What if you can’t work anymore? How will you pay to fix or replace your car? Is your case worth taking to court?
These are serious issues, and our legal team is here to help you seek the best solution for the unique circumstances of your case.
We are ready to gather information from you, police and witnesses about the crash, and deal with insurance companies on your behalf to manage your car accident injury claim. When we’re on the case, you can focus on recovering and minimizing extra stress.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car wreck injuries can range from minor and temporary to long-term and debilitating — if not fatal. Less-severe injuries include bruises, abrasions, fractures and whiplash. The most serious injuries include traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal injuries, burns and internal injuries.
Some injuries, like fractures, will likely be immediately apparent in most cases. But you could have other injuries that don’t show signs at first, such as internal bleeding or a traumatic brain injury. It is important to get a full medical exam as soon as possible.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Back injuries. These include pain or injury to the upper or lower back, herniated discs, reduced range in motion and changes in your ability to lift things or go about normal activities. Back injuries may be treated with rest, physical therapy or surgery.
- Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries impact the nervous system. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may have a change in sensation, muscle pain, reduced control over limbs, or even partial or complete paralysis. Treatment may include physical therapy or surgery, but most spinal cord injuries cannot be repaired.
- Fractures and joint injuries. Fractures and joint injuries are painful and can be very serious, preventing you from doing the things you did before you were hurt. Fractures may require casts, splints or even surgery.
- Head and neck injuries. Head and neck injuries frequently occur in car accidents because the impact causes the head and neck to snap forward, hitting windows, windshields or airbags. This may lead to surface injuries or even brain injuries. Whiplash injuries may occur even if you head doesn’t hit anything.
- Brain injuries. Brain injuries may not be immediately apparent. Car crash victims should be monitored during the weeks following an accident. Return to the doctor if you notice any change in behavior or pain. Brain injuries may lessen or change with time, or may be treated with surgery, but they are frequently permanent.
Types of Car Accident Injury Compensation You Could Receive
Car crash injuries can have a lifelong impact, not only to the victim, but also to his or her family. The costs for either short-term or long-term medical care may be enormous.
As a result of a car accident, you may no longer be able to work. You may need assistance with simple, everyday tasks. You may suffer from chronic pain or disfigurement, or have difficulty focusing.
At the Sloan Firm, we see the person behind the injury. We want to help you address the impact the crash has had on your life and your family.
If you have medical bills or other expenses related to the car accident piling up, we want to help. The type of compensation available depends on the severity and type of your injuries, and it can include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost wages
Why Get Help with Your Car Crash Case from the Sloan Firm?
We believe that if you were injured in a wreck due to another driver’s negligence, you need someone to stand up for you and your legal rights. This is why it is so important that you seek counsel from a knowledgeable lawyer at our firm. We can help you protect your rights and interests.
What matters to you matters to us. We know how expensive medical bills and car repair bills can be. Our objective is to provide you with the aggressive legal representation you need.
Contact us at our office in Longview, Houston or Santa Fe if you or a loved one has sustained serious car accident injuries because of someone else’s carelessness. The initial consultation is free of charge and free of risk and obligations.