Personal injuries may happen in a variety of circumstances.
If someone else is to blame for your injury, you need effective, zealous representation.
Our Texas personal injury attorneys at the Sloan Firm are ready to take care of the process for you so you can focus on healing and moving past your injury.
Why You Should Choose the Sloan Firm for Your Houston Personal Injury Lawsuit
At the Sloan Firm, what matters to you, matters to us. Because your choice in legal representation could change your life, you need to put a team of game-changers in your corner today. We go beyond being your lawyer to act as your legal advocate, your counselor, and your friend.
How Our Firm Can Help With Houston Personal Injury Cases
When it comes to filing a successful personal injury claim, the client should always come first. We believe that effective cases are founded on a positive attorney-client relationship. That’s why our lawyers work hard to give clients the best service we can offer. We see the person behind the injury.
At the Sloan Firm, our personal injury lawyers are wholeheartedly committed to pursuing justice for your injuries. If you have been involved in a serious accident or have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, then seeking legal representation from a qualified, skilled, and experienced legal professional couldn’t be more crucial at this time.
We are here to help protect you. These are just a few of the steps we can take on your behalf:
- Take the time to listen to you describe what happened.
- Provide free advice about your legal options.
- Give you our honest assessment of whether you have a valid case.
- Thoroughly and independently investigate your situation to find out what really happened and who should be held responsible.
- Work with respected experts in accident reconstruction, medical treatment, occupational rehabilitation, financial planning, and other relevant fields.
- Build a strong case for you.
- Take care of all communications with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Keep you informed about the status of your case and be available to answer your questions and explain anything you don’t understand.
- Make you our priority and give your case the care and attention to detail that it deserves.
- Take your case to court or pursue a settlement with the parties involved.
Common Types of Houston Personal Injuries
There are many kinds of injuries that can result from the negligent behavior of another person or company. Some injuries are short-term and others are longer-term or even permanent. Some injuries put you at risk for secondary injuries. Some injuries may completely change your lifestyle and career options because of the high impact on your daily activities.
Some of the common types injuries include:
Types of Compensation Available for Houston Personal Injuries
The types of compensation available in a personal injury case may include:
- Medical expenses. This includes reimbursement for medical expenses incurred as well as anticipated future expenses.
- Loss of income. If your accident leaves you unable to work or unable to perform at the same level, you may be able to seek damages for loss of income.
- Property damage. This pays for repair or replacement of vehicles, clothing, furniture or other items that are damaged in the incident.
- Pain and suffering. This is compensation for pain and discomfort you suffered during an accident or as a result of an accident
- Emotional distress. This is compensation for the psychological trauma of the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment. If your injuries have an impact on your daily activities and your ability to do those same activities after your accident, that is considered “loss of enjoyment.”
- Loss of consortium. This refers to the damage done to relations with a person’s spouse because of an accident. It typically relates to the effect the injuries have on the plaintiff’s relationship with their spouse.
What to Do After Suffering a Houston Personal Injury
Proper medical care is your first priority after suffering a personal injury. Your next step should be to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. They will be able to assess your situation and give you advice about your legal options.
It is important to note that there is a time limit set by law when it comes to filing a case for personal injuries. In Texas, that time limit, known as the statute of limitations, is two years. In New Mexico, you have three years to file. Some special circumstances may extend the deadline.
Do not delay. Contact one of the personal injury attorneys at the Sloan Firm now.
Our attorneys will walk you through the process and explain the kind of evidence that will need to be presented, such as police reports, photos from the scene of the accident, eyewitness testimony and other evidence.
Try to document everything you can — a police report, a statement from a witness or the other party, photos of the scene, or whatever other evidence may be available that you can collect. Our lawyers will take what you have, and add whatever we find in our investigation so that we can build a solid case for compensation for you.