Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
M. Raymond Hatcher was born in Mission, Texas in 1961. After receiving
both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science Degrees from
Texas A&M University, Ray worked for Schering- Plough Corporation, a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical
After seven years in marketing and sales with Schering-Plough, Ray attended
law school at Texas Tech University School of Law, graduating with honors
(cum laude) in 1997.
While at Texas Tech University School of Law, Ray was selected as a Member
of the Board of Barristers, twice represented the law school by serving
on National Trial Advocacy Teams, and was awarded the “Excellence
for the Future Award” in Trial Advocacy.
In addition, at the conclusion of his third year of law school, Ray was
selected as one of only 37 law and pharmacy students in the nation for
an internship with the Food & Drug Law Institute (now known as FDLI)
in Washington, D.C.
Ray was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1997 and is also admitted
to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern,
Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas Ray's practice
is devoted exclusively to litigation, primarily personal injury and commercial
litigation. Ray has tried and arbitrated a variety of cases including
trucking collisions, automobile collisions, commercial litigation cases,
non-subscriber workplace injury cases, ERISA cases, and toxic tort cases.
Ray's Master of Science Degree in Epidemiology and experience both
working for a pharmaceutical manufacturer and representing pharmaceutical
and medical device manufacturers at prior firms give him unique insight
into prosecuting pharmaceutical medical device and toxic tort cases.
Ray's hobbies include flying, skiing, scuba diving, hunting, and fishing.
- Texas 1997
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Texas Tech University 1997
- Master of Science—Epidemiology, Texas A & M University 1988
- Bachelor of Science, Texas A & M University 1984
- State Bar of Texas
- East Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Gregg County Bar Association
- Texas Lyceum Association
- American Veterinary Law Association Alumnus
- Aggie Bar Association
- Oregon Supreme Court Adopts Minority View that Learned Intermediary Doctrine
Does Not Protect Pharmacist